RC BOYS LACROSSE
NEWS & UPDATES
RC Blues 2020-21 Season are posted on each team page (see menu). The 2025-2029 teams will be selected via tryouts.
RC HS 2020 Fall/Winter Season details are posted on the RC HS page (see menu). The HS teams will be selected via invitation only.
If you missed a team tryout or want to be considered for a HS team, email the RC High School Director, Jono Zissi at firstname.lastname@example.org or the RC MS/Youth Director, Steve Sepeta at email@example.com.
THE RC PROGRAM
The RC Lacrosse Club was established in 2004 and since its inception has provided the highest quality coaching and the most advanced playing opportunity in the West. Our family consists of competitive RC HIGH SCHOOL teams at the Grade 9-12 level and RC BLUES teams at the Grade 4-8 levels that train during the Spring and play in competitive tournaments during the Summer and Fall/Winter seasons.
The RC Lacrosse Club is the largest West Coast Starz feeder program in the country and our players mostly reside in the San Diego County area. RC alumni have gone on to play NCAA lacrosse at Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Notre Dame, Duke, Cornell, Dartmouth, UPenn, Yale, Denver, UNC, Virginia, Syracuse, Maryland, Colgate, Bucknell, Fairfield, Vermont, Penn State, Towson, Army, Navy, Air Force, Bryant and Tufts. See the College Commitments page in the left menu for a more complete list and follow RC Lacrosse on Instagram and Facebook.
THE RC PLAYER
- Primarily hails from the Greater San Diego Country area.
- Shows an aptitude for high-level lacrosse.
- Is interested in receiving and responding to direct, advanced coaching and feedback.
- Shows a love for the game.
- Is interested in growing as a young man, not just winning.
- Has parents who support the above.
RC HIGH SCHOOL
The mission of RC High School is to develop premier lacrosse players and teams to compete at the highest levels of the game and to prepare our boys to play lacrosse in college. The coaches, players and support staff at this level are focused on growing our student athletes through the principals of hard work, fundamentals, athleticism, commitment, teamwork and sportsmanship. Since 2004 RC has placed more players with NCAA and MCLA programs than any other regional club in the West.
RC Blues is a competitive Youth/MS club program built on the long standing legacy of RC Lacrosse. RC Blues focuses on the Grade 4-8 levels, with the goal of developing young men capable of moving on to bigger challenges, whether that is the goal of playing high level college lacrosse or simply becoming a more well rounded member of our community.
RC Blues is a San Diego County based program that organizes grade level teams (see below) capable of competing at the highest-level club tournaments. To provide consistency of coaching, the ability to learn at a more detailed level, and the ability to develop bonds with teammates, the RC Blues season is a 10 month program from October through July. During that period we enter local and Western elite tournaments from Fall through Summer, while allowing each player time to complete in their local Spring community season.
ATTENDANCE, PLAYING TIME & BEHAVIOR POLICIES
- All RC Lacrosse Club practices & events are mandatory & the coaches expect advanced communication if a conflict arises. Unexcused absences will lead to dismissal from the program.
- Playing time is NOT guaranteed at any level but the coaches will do their best to ensure that players all get on the field as much as possible.
- RC expects players and parents to always show good sportsmanship and to be good club representatives where ever they go. Poor player sportsmanship will result in disciplinary action and may lead to removal from the club. Parents, please watch games from the side of the field opposite the players and always set a good example for our boys. We expect you to be respectful towards players, coaches, officials and other parents at all times. Unsportsmanlike parent behavior may lead to player removal from the club. If you have a problem please contact your coach or the club administration at an appropriate time.
- The use of drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited. If players are caught using either substance while under the supervision of the RC program, they will be removed from the club.
- If a player is dismissed for violating any of the behavior or attendance policies outlined above, no refunds will be issued.
REGISTRATION FEE INSURANCE
The RC Lacrosse Club has a no refunds policy. To protect your season payment in the event an injury, conflict, etc we highly encourage you to consider purchasing Registration Saver, a new AIG insurance product, to cover your registration investment for the upcoming season.
Go to www.registrationsaver.com and click “Buy Today” to receive a quote. If you have any questions, please call AIG directly at 866-690-6859. They are open and available for questions concerning coverage and services 24 hours each day.
The cost is approximately 6% of the season cost and there are no deductibles for these policies.
RC High School Director
RC Blues MS/Youth Director