WHAT IS RC BLUES?
WHAT IS RC BLUES?
RC Blues is a Youth select club program built on the long standing legacy of RC Lacrosse. RC Blues focuses on the Grade 1-6 levels, with the goal of developing young men capable of moving on to bigger challenges, whether that is the goal of playing Division 1 lacrosse, or simply becoming a more well rounded member of our community.
RC Blues is a San Diego metro program that organizes grade level teams (see below) capable of competing at the highest-level club tournaments. To provide consistency of coaching, the ability to learn at a more detailed level, and the ability to develop bonds with teammates, the RC Blues season is a 9-month program from October through June. This allows us to enter local and Western elite tournaments from Fall through the end of Spring, while allowing each player time to complete in their local Spring community season.
GRADES 1-3: At this age level, we run Youth Training where we develop well-rounded players and give each of them the opportunity to learn a variety of positions, while supporting their individual interests and skills. The curriculum we focus on during these years are the building blocks that will be required to excel at the next level. Because there typically are not tournament divisions at this age, we play two local jamborees with other clubs.
GRADES 4-6: At this age level each team will be single grade specific. We will be focused on developing players at specific positions, and will continue building on the skills learned each year through the RC Blues’ curriculum. We will be focusing on elite level tournaments by grade with the goal of developing players capable of remaining together year to year.
THE RC BLUES PLAYER
- Hails from the Greater San Diego metro area, while being cognizant of other program’s needs, and limitation of geography on practice participation.
- Shows an aptitude for high-level lacrosse.
- Is interested in receiving and responding to direct, advanced coaching and feedback.
- Shows a love for the game.
- Is interested in growing as a young man, not just winning.
- Has parents who support the above.
RC BLUES GOALS
- Build on player’s current skill levels while also gaining a deeper understanding of the game.
- Focus on leadership, responsibility and team building to bring awareness to the importance of team play for success on and off the field.
- Cultivate the passion and respect for the game.
- Focus on fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Ensure players don’t lose track of the rewards of hard work….we will have fun!
WHAT MAKES RC BLUES DIFFERENT
- We play lacrosse the right way by focusing on discipline, sportsmanship, effort and fun.
- We have a club-wide curriculum that is built upon at each age group to help players excel at the next level.
- We learn about the game; its history, its players, and its culture.
- We do our best to accommodate interests and schedules outside of lacrosse.
- We do assign homework; practice drills, reading, and videos.
- We are player focused with detailed coaching around developing skills and understanding of specific playing positions.
- We will offer other non-lacrosse activities for team building (beach day, hiking, etc.)
- We work to keep costs down as much as possible by focusing on growing the game.
- We cultivate a culture of brotherhood, leadership, and enthusiasm.