John Paul Joins The West Coast Starz Staff
Adrenaline is excited to announce that former longtime University of Michigan Head Coach, John Paul, will be joining the West Coast Starz and Adrenaline family. John Paul will be working closely with players as a team coach for the nationally heralded West Coast Starz club, while also serving as an invaluable recruiting consultant and educator.
“John Paul’s experience speaks for itself. We are very lucky and fortunate to have someone of his caliber and stature working closely with our players and families. Having spent some time with John Paul over the years, it was apparent that his moral compass and vision for our great sport and its hard working players lines up perfectly with our mission at Adrenaline to empower the lacrosse athlete. It’s going to be very fulfilling for all of us at Adrenaline to see him work hand in hand with our team to make the WCS player experience an unmatched one.” Alex Cade, CEO Adrenaline.
John Paul, a native of Ann Arbor, was a player and graduate of Michigan prior to taking over as the program’s Head Coach. John Paul was the head coach at Michigan for 20 years. Beyond his great successes on the field, he is largely credited with leading the Wolverines through the process of becoming an official NCAA Division I program in 2012. This move was huge for the lacrosse landscape as Michigan was the first big conference football school to sanction the sport in after many years.
“I’m excited to work with West Coast Starz and Adrenaline. I’ve dedicated my career to growing the game of lacrosse, and these guys have been at the forefront of providing opportunities in the West and nationally. I’m looking forward to helping them continue to improve the WCS experience and services,” says John Paul.
· In 2008, the team became the first MCLA team to complete a season undefeated, finishing 20–0 and winning their first national championship at Texas Stadium.
· The feat was repeated in 2009 with another 20–0 season and the team earned their second national championship with a 12–11 victory over Chapman University at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Denver, Colorado.
· In 2010, they won their third MCLA national championship in a row, defeating Arizona State University 12–11 in Denver.
· Under the guidance of John Paul, the program was promoted to NCAA Division I status by the university for the 2012 season.
· In 2017 John Paul finished his last season with the Wolverines with and 8-6 mark and ranked 21 in RPI.
Find out more on the West Coast Starz boys club program HERE!
Follow WCS on Social for news & updates: