The Coronado Islanders Youth Program is the community run feeder system for the Coronado High School Lacrosse Program. This program is run through the Coronado community by a group of dedicated volunteer parents, Coronado High School and other knowledgeable coaches, and the High School booster program. This not for profit model keeps costs low providing a tremendous value for families and a high-quality experience for the players. The Coronado High School program is founded on the principles of Family + Community + School = Lacrosse. Our players put family first, are leaders within the community and are in good standing academically. Our team of experienced coaches will ensure that your player has a fun and family oriented experience while learning the important life lessons that team sports offer.
2019 FALL BOX LEAGUE
- The Islanders will be entering Grade 7/8, 5/6 & 3/4 teams in the 3D Fall Box League.
- If numbers warrant we will make multiple teams per division.
- Box is played 6 v 6 and we will carry 12-15 players on each team.
- This opportunity is open to players of all ability levels but they must live in Coronado.
- Games will all be played on Sundays & will be preceded by a 45 minute practice. No weekday practices.
- Players are required to have a current US Lacrosse membership. This is a 3D Lacrosse requirement and provides for supplemental insurance coverage. For more information on US Lacrosse and to become a member go to www.uslacrosse.org.
- Fall Box League registration deadline is September 1.
2019 SPRING SEASON INFO
- 3rd & 4th
- 5th & 6th
- 7th & 8th
- K-4 $250
- 5th & 6th $350
- 7th & 8th $450
FEATURES: (Price Includes)
- Game uniform, shorts, shooter shirt, socks
- Qualified, dedicated coaches to serve as mentors to the players
- 10+ games (San Diego Pee Wee Lacrosse League and San Diego County Lacrosse Association according to grade)
- 28-56 Practices @ Coronado High School and Middle School
- K-2nd: Alex Cade, Joe Walsh, Andrew Bell
- 3rd/4th: Kyle Runyon, Reis Stanley, Lenny Perry
- 5th/6th: Vince Reynolds, David Keiffer
- 7th/8th: Jacob Vita, Jonny Poe, Ben Harden, Patrick McKernning
DATES & PRACTICES:
- K-4thPractices: Mondays 3pm-4:30pm, Wednesdays 3pm-4:30pm (Begin Wednesday Feb 20th)
- 5th & 6th Practices: Tuesdays 3pm-5pm, Thursdays 3pm-5pm, Fridays 3pm-5pm (Begin Tuesday Feb 19th)
- 7th & 8th Practices: Tuesdays 630pm-8pm, Thursdays 630pm-8pm, Fridays 630pm-8pm (Begin Tuesday Feb 19th)
- K-4th: Saturday, 1 hour games, mostly on Coronado & some within 30 minutes driving time.
- 5th-8th: Saturday & Weekday games @ allotted practice times (Teams entered into SDYLA League)
ABOUT CORONADO HS LACROSSE
- High School:
- 272-97 (2002-2017), 75% Winning Percentage
- 3 CIF Championships
- 6 CIF Championship Appearances
- 15 CIF Final Four Appearances
- 15 Conference Championships
- 32 High School All American Athletes
- 42 NCAA Collegiate Players
- 5 NCAA All-Americans
- 25 USL High School All Americans
- 85 Collegiate Lacrosse Players MCLA & NCAA
- 2009 Top 25 National High School Ranking
- 2016 USA Today Top National Lacrosse Program