The Coronado Islanders Youth Program is the community run feeder system for the Coronado High School Lacrosse Program. This program is run through the Coronado community by a group of dedicated volunteer parents, Coronado High School and other knowledgeable coaches, and the High School booster program. This not for profit model keeps costs low providing a tremendous value for families and a high-quality experience for the players. The Coronado High School program is founded on the principles of Family + Community + School = Lacrosse. Our players put family first, are leaders within the community and are in good standing academically. Our team of experienced coaches will ensure that your player has a fun and family oriented experience while learning the important life lessons that team sports offer.
- 2021 Play with LaxDawgs HS Team https://www.adrln.com/club/laxdawgs/
- 22/23 (Grade 6-7)
- 24/25 (Grades 4-5)
- 26/27 (Grades 2-3)
- Islanders Play together in 2 tournaments with a third as optional for added cost, two practices per week
- 2027-2029 Islanders Play 1.5 hour skills and scrimmage session Sundays 12:00-1:30 PM
GRADE TO GRAD YEAR KEY
- 2021 Just finished 8th Grade
- 2022 Just finished 7th Grade
- 2023 Just finished 6th Grade
- 2024 Just finished 5th Grade
- 2025 Just finished 4th Grade
- 2026 Just finished 3rd Grade
- 2027 Just finished 2nd Grade
- 2028 Just finished 1st Grade
- 2029 Just finished K
- 2022-2026, Two Tournaments- $225
- 2022-2026, Three Tournaments- $295
- 2027-2029- $125
-Alex Cade: 16 year Coronado HS Head Coach, Most Wins in California History, Former CIF Coach of The Year, 3x CIF Championship Coach, Former MLL Professional Player, NCAA All American University of Notre Dame, CEO Adrenaline.
-David Kieffer: NCAA Midfielder Michigan State University, 20+ years coaching experience.
-Rory Moore: Coronado 1998, 15+ years youth coaching experience.
-Bryan DunLeavy: Coronado 1998, 15+ years youth coaching experience.
-Johnny McCaul: 4 years youth coaching experience, All CIF goaltender, All City Conference, former Goaltender Sierra Nevada College, Coronado 2013.
-Kevin Fahey: NCAA D1 All Conference Defenseman Bellarmine University, All CIF, All City Conference, Coronado 2013.
-Sam McPeak: NCAA Midfielder Denison University, All City Conference, Coronado 2015.
– Easton Gormican: CIF finalist goaltender, Coronado 2017’, All City Conference, NCAA D1 Goaltender Bryant University.
FEATURES: (Price Includes)
- 6-12 Practices @ Coronado HS
- Players choose to participate in 2 or 3 Local Tournaments (10-15 Games)
- Weekday practices (except 2029-2027 with one weekend session per week)
- Great coaching
PRACTICES & TOURNAMENTS
Practices will be Tuesdays & Thursdays 5 PM @ Coronado HS for Grad years 2022-2026
Practices will be Sundays 12:00-1:30 PM @ Coronado HS for Grad Years 2027-2029
- (Week of June 5th) 2 Practices- Tues/Thurs
- (Week of June 12th) 2 Practices– Tues/Thurs
- (June 17th & 18th) Americas Finest Rivalry Del Mar Tournament https://www.adrln.com/event/americas-finest-rivalry-2017/
- (Week of June 19th) 2 Practices– Tues/Thurs
- (June 24th & 25th) 3D Riptide Tournament Oceanside https://3dlacrosse.com/tournaments/national-tournaments/riptide
- (Week of June 26th) 2 Practices– Tues/Thurs
- (Week of July 10th) 2 Practices– Tues/Thurs
- (Week of July 17th) 2 Practices– Tues/Thurs
- (July 21st-23rd) Tinsletown Throwdown Orange County https://www.adrln.com/event/tinseltown-throwdown-2/
- (Week of June 5th) 1 Practice/Game
- (Week of June 12th) 1 Practice/Game
- (Week of June 19th) 1 Practice/Game
- (Week of June 26th) 1 Practice/Game
- (Week of July 10th) 1 Practice/Game
- (Week of July 17th) 1 Practice/Game
- 1 Playday vs. Local Team
ABOUT CORONADO HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE
- 229-79 (2002-2015), 77% Winning Percentage
- 3 CIF Championships, 11 Conference Championships
- 24 High School All American Athletes
- 36 NCAA Collegiate Players
- 5 NCAA All-Americans
- 2009 Top 25 National High School Ranking